Folks, I've got a backlog of food photos I took near summer's end, and even though I don't have time to scratch out full-fledged posts for them, they're still worth sharing. So this week, a stretch of 5 easy recipes to make--so easy they barely warrant a recipe at all, but I'll include one anyway. Check back every day through Saturday for a new post!
This super-easy tortilla pizza is a spin on a quick snack we make often around here, usually with pepperoni and mozzarella, but it makes a tasty breakfast when you've got some lox to rock out. To make a pepperoni or other kind of pizza, use the tortilla-crisping method described here, then return to the oven after topping the pizza until the cheese melts and everything's hot.
<strong>smoked salmon breakfast pizza
- 1 large (10") flour tortilla
- extra-virgin olive oil
- goat cheese, about 1/4 cup, softened
- a few slices of gravlax or other smoked salmon
- green or red onion slices
- Place a baking sheet in the oven and preheat the oven to 400 for about 10 minutes.
- Remove baking sheet and lay the tortilla on it. Brush lightly with olive oil, then return to the oven for 5 to 10 minutes, until it's crisped and toasty (it may get some air bubbles in it but you can flatten these with your hand).
- Spread tortilla with goat cheese and layer with salmon, capers, and onion slices. That's it!
serves 1 to 2